TodaysArt Festival 2016 is HIRING : COPYWRITER, EDITORIAL MARKETING MANAGER
TodaysArt is a network organization specialized in the presentation and development of contemporary visual and performing arts and emerging culture. Since 2005 TodaysArt has brought local and international artists, thinkers and audiences together. TodaysArt is a transdisciplinary platform for international talent, established creators and pioneers, exploring new possibilities and forms of expressions. Inspired by actual topics, TodaysArt aspires to promote and foster innovation, creativity and public interest for current developments within arts, culture and society. TodaysArt developed from a festival organization to a wide platform committed to create an environment which facilitates new ideas. We are currently hiring for our yearly Festival in The Hague in September 2016.
TodaysArt is a network organization specialized in the presentation and development of contemporary visual and performing arts and emerging culture. TodaysArt is a transdisciplinary platform for international talent, established creators and pioneers, exploring new possibilities and forms of expressions. Each year TodaysArt holds it’s yearly festival in The Hague. This year it will celebrate it’s 12th edition. The position of copywriter, editorial marketing manager is focussed on all activities related to TodaysArt 2016 taking place from September 22nd until 25th, 2016.
Copywriter, Editorial Marketing Manager
Marketing, Communications + PR
July 2016 – September 2016
You are responsible for the overall execution and content of TodaysArt’s written materials for both print and digital communications. In this position you will work within the marketing department and are in close contact with the artistic- and design team. You will serve as writer and editor and are responsible for accurate, high quality written materials which are inline with the organizations tone-of-voice, brand values and programs. Together with the marketing team you will work on creating and deploy marketing materials to press outlets and social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram). As copywriter, editorial marketing manager you will report to the general marketing manager and artistic director.
Tasks + Responsibilities
– Write press releases, newsletters, and media posts in conjunction with marketing team and artistic director
– Support the overall festival marketing campaign in terms of social and other digital content
– Strategize + execute additional on- and offline advertising campaigns
– Establish in collaboration with the Marketing Manager detailed timelines for editorial content and execute accordingly
– Establish a social media report plan during the festival + the execution
Skills + Competences
You are a self-starter who is results-oriented and has a demonstrated ability to design and execute marketing campaigns. You thrive in a fast-paced and agile environment. You possess the following skills:
– Proficiency in English
– Relevant experience in the field of (art / cultural) marketing, communications and PR (2-5 years)
– Expert research and accuracy skills
– Experience in the field of digital marketing (e.g. Facebook / Instagram)
– Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail
– Professional editorial experience and a proven ability to work with a wide range of artists, makers, technologists and thinkers who make up TodaysArt’s community
– Affinity with the artistic formats and disciplines developed, presented and promoted by TodaysArt
– Know-how of the latest trends and development of online / social marketing
– Experience in WordPress (HTML/CSS is a plus)
– In possession of own equipment (laptop + smartphone)
– Ability to work calmly under pressure
– Able to produce high volume, high quality, effective communications tailored to the TodaysArt “voice” directed by marketing manager / artistic director
– Work independently and multitask
– Flexible in a dynamic festival environment
– Ideal candidate will have a strong network of professional connections within the media
What are we offering
A dynamic position at the heart of a fast-paced young festival organization and experiences in an international non-profit in the field of creative industries, emerging arts and culture. TodaysArt has an informal organizational culture where we work together to create an adventurous 12th festival edition. Financial compensation will be discussed and decided based on age and experience.
Please send your resume and motivation to Galina Bartelds, include in the subject line TodaysArt Job: Copywriter, Editorial Marketing Manager
Application deadline: June 26.